Tuesday, October 21, 2003

CrazyJohn on Cable Networks and doing what you're good at:
We've all seen it in our lifetime... do you remember what MTV used to do? You know, PLAY VIDEOS! That's what they are good at... it's what they did better than any other network. Now, I don't think I've seen a video on MTV since Reagan was in office. Now you turn on MTV and you get Jessica Simpson whining about how tough it is to brush lint off of a shirt or strangers living together in a city... like we care how tough it is to live in Hawaii with strangers... I'm sure that the weather really made things tough on that cast... right. Do they even play videos anymore? Do they??? Has anyone seen a video on MTV ever?
And the worst worst WORST of all of this is what ESPN is doing. ESPN is what I watch when I want to see sports... and that's it. I don't want to see a stupid soap opera about football or a crappy reality TV show... I want to watch hockey or a baseball fight where an old man gets thrown head first onto the ground. And now ESPN2 has a breakfast show "Cold Pizza"... which is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. It's like, "hey, let's have sports, but let's also have a segment on video games and new TV shows... because we need to 'keep up' with other channels." NO! You're ESPN! Just do sports!!! You're driving me insane! The worst part is that I don't know where I would go to find sports if ESPN pulled an MTV and just stopped their sports coverage altogether. There's no where to go... no salvation. Once ESPN falls, so will civilization... (in a very Matrix sort of way... I don't know).
So, please, ESPN execs (because I know you read my blog) just stick with the sports, or I'll be stuck watching the 24 hour Slamball Channel and looking to embrace my early death. Thank you.

No comments: