Thursday, October 30, 2003

Here's something I wrote in class last night. The exercise is to start with one emotion (in this case excitement) and end two pages later with the complete opposite emotion (in this case a calm or tranquility) while showing the complete change in the character's emotion. By the way... I got to "perform" this in class and it was pretty fun :) So... here it is:

OH MY GOD! I can't believe that I have backstage passes to see KISS! KISS!!! The band that defined my entire existence for the better part of a decade! Well... maybe not the better part, but for a really really long time! I'll get to be face to face with Gene Simmons and I can finally ask him all those questions I've been meaning to ask. In 1980, I even made a list of all the questions I would ask Gene if I ever met him... I was going through a list making phase at the time... what? That's completely normal.
Anyway, as soon as I find the list I'm going to hop in my car and head to the show. Wait... maybe I should paint my face. Oh... ok... find the list first, then paint my face, then I'm going to Rock and Roll all night... with KISS! BACKSTAGE! Because I have a pass... that's right. I wonder what I did with the pass. Hmm... Ok... find the list, paint the face, find the pass, Party backstage! We'll be making "Chicago Rock City"... heh heh. Wow... I made a lot of lists that year... Oh forget it... I can make a new list! Number one... what's it like to be in KISS??! Number two... what's the deal with your tongue? Was that genetic or something you had done? Oh... I need to make sure to say GENEtic... he'll get a kick out of that. Number three... um... ah... how do you normally rock all night long? Is it like this? or are there more... um... balloons? Ok... that's kind of a good one. Number four... um... I... really don't have anything else to ask. In fact, I don't think I could name the other three guys. And I only know two of their songs. >sigh< I wonder what's on Sportscenter...

No comments: