Friday, October 03, 2003

October 3, 2003
Day 2 of the Chicago Fiasco…
Huge shout out to my boy Jimmy Shy, who came over tonight to shoot things with me.
Also… hopefully the city of Chicago will end the Garbage “Person” strike. I went outside to throw away my loot from my move and, low and behold, it looked like about 4 days of garbage from my entire building. And then I learned about the strike… so that’s what it was. If you haven’t seen four days of garbage from a nine story apartment building lately… I highly recommend it, as it will show you to appreciate recycling.
I’m feeling a greater kinship to my girls back in BumbleF**k Rapids… I have one channel and it’s CBS. I don’t even have an antenna… my TV just picks it up. I’m looking forward to being forced to watch such intellectual programming like Big Brother and Survivor.
Finally… I can’t for the life of me figure out my plumbing. Both my bathroom sink and my shower head say “Oh… he wants water… we will shoot water EVERYWHERE!” And that’s what happens. But duct tape fixes everything, kiddies.
My favorite part of my plumbing is the temperature. I can’t get water warmer than warm from the sink in my kitchen… but the water from my shower has one setting: scalding. SCALDING!!! It burns… and there’s nothing colder. Now, trying to look at the bright side of things, the burning might be welcome in the cold Chicago winter. I don’t know… it might not be a bad thing. Or my skin may fall off. Either way.
Huh… I really don’t feel better. Oh well… maybe I’ll just have a sandwich. Hope you have a crazy weekend :)

No comments: