Saturday, October 04, 2003

October 4, 2003
Day three
I finally got out of the apartment today! Hooray for being all “scared like a bitch”! My parents took me out to dinner at a FANTASTIC Mexican grill. The waiter reminded me of Alex Rivera because he was totally hitting on me. No… that’s not why… because he was all “talk fast and then smile whilst CrazyJohn tries to figure out what I just said”. But what a great (and expensive) meal!
And what a beautiful fall day here in Chicago! I had the windows open all day and I heard the sounds of football from not too far away (I don’t know where… could’ve come from heaven for all I know). And I have totally enjoyed watching my free CBS… partly because it’s a college football day… and partly because it’s free. Everything that’s free is the best… unless you can get paid for it. For instance, when I get punched in the face for free… it’s nice, but when I get paid to get punched in the face… it’s called boxing.
Well… my building manager recognized me today. That’s a great feeling… as there are a billion people in my building. A billion... that’s right (it’s a very tall building).
And, also from the simple pleasures for simple people file, I have a ceiling fan. I’ve never had a ceiling fan… and boy howdy is it great! It makes air go in a circle… what a great idea that is! Some genus must have created the ceiling fan. “My apartment smells like flatulence,” he or she must have said, “but if I stir it up in a circle… mmm… lemons!”
>Shrug< Am feeling very tired… went shopping at Treasure Island (arr! Where’s the milk, matey? More on this later) and will probably just hang out tonight. Want to send out a special thank you to my Susan for calling me tonight and chatting for a while… I appreciated it. Wish I could remember what I wanted to tell you… but I’m old, give me a break.
Hope everyone is having a crazy night :)

No comments: