Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Guest Rebuttal-
"To refute your latest rant (Cable Networks), I would like to point out that I enjoy both Playmakers and [the concept of] Cold Pizza. ESPN has long needed both an exciting fictional drama and a morning show (other than the obligatory Sports Center). Not that these two shows should start a trend. I think we would both much prefer to see a biography on Ty Cobb or Joe Montana than a reality TV show on ESPN. But 'soap operas' about sports are entertaining to many viewers. I think that Playmakers is doing good for ESPN: it touches on major issues like homosexuality, drug abuse, and domestic violence in sports. In doing so, it exposes a side of football that we as the spectators normally do not see.
Item two: Cold Pizza. This is not my favorite sports show. (Top Five: 1. Sports Center 2. Around The Horn 3. Best Damn Sports Show Period 4. NFL Sunday Countdown 5. 54321) I like the spirit is has. The concept is good. What would guys like to see in the morning? Not anything on the regular networks. They need a morning sports show that's part The Man Show, part Sports Center, and part Late Late Show w/ Conan O'brien. Cold Pizza isn't any of these things, but it's trying to be. I laud ESPN for trying, but they need to re-think the morning show format, and who their audience is.
To sum up: Playmakers, good. Cold Pizza, good try. As long as there aren't more than a few 'entertainment' type shows, and ESPN keeps the majority of programs rooted in sports reporting, they'll do fine." -KH
What can I say? Good points are good points... and if you have any good points on any of my rants, feel free to email me. I'm not going to give you my address because if I don't know you I really don't care what you think. No, it is true... it doesn't mean that you're stupid, it just means that I don't care because if I make you mad you can't find me and kick me in the nuts. Moron other things later :)

No comments: