Tuesday, May 04, 2004

The Anti-Climactic end of things...
First, last night was the last night of my writing Level 2 class. My instructor, Joe Janes, had us write a couple description exercises... and I was painfully reminded how terrible I am at describing things. I mean, let's face it, when have I ever painted you a mental picture? Never... because I can't. This is probably the reason why I tried and failed at poetry so many times... I guess I just don't see the world as an artist does.
"But you can change," you say... well, I suppose so. I'm working on it. I figure, the more I read, the better my own descriptions will be. But I'll never be very good... that's why I chose script writing. Hello?! It's all dialogue!
Anyway... Joe Janes looks exactly like Kevin Pollak. Exactly... it's kind of creepy. I think the ironic part is that both Kevin and Joe used to do stand-up... and I think Joe really hated Kevin's stand-up act. I think we talked about that once in class... weird. It's the reason why I hate Brad Pitt >eyes shift back and forth wondering if I got away with that<

In sad news, the Red Wings' season is over. They ran into a team with a brick wall for a goaltender... a team that was hungry for the respect that beating the Red Wings would give them... a team that was hungrier than the Wings were. Calgary played well... and deserve every part of that series victory. If San Jose would get off their asses and beat Colorado, I don't know that Calgary will have a chance... as San Jose was on fire. Unfortunately for the Sharks, they decided it would be a good idea to let Colorado back into the series. Whatever. The Maple Leafs are the only team in the playoffs I still mildly care about... so go Toronto!

In happier news, the Pistons beat the tar out of the Nets last night. They held New Jersey to like 5 points in the first half (I'm exaggerating). But they did hold the Nets to the lowest playoff output in the shot clock era. Tayshaun Prince is pretty much the man. I would love to see the Detroit Free Press today... to see what they say about this series. I fully expect the Nets to come out on fire in game two... and make this a series. You can't get embarrassed like the Nets did without coming out and trying to kill everyone! >shrug< Game two should be interesting (Friday) to say the least.

Welcome to today... good luck to all those Albanians still taking finals.

No comments: