Saturday, May 29, 2004

Noah's Ark and other fun things
Let's start with the other fun things. My 'personal trainer' Thad called me this morning (Yeah... the dude's name is Thad). His brother is graduating tomorrow and he wondered if he could move our appointment from 11 to 10. I was like, "um... yeah... that's fine" and he seemed overly thankful. So that's a good way to start off a relationship with your personal trainer... I feel.
Next, Miss Laura Jeannine called me this afternoon. We had an interesting and wonderful conversation (as always), and I learned that Laura actually has a white chocolate center. That's kind of weird... but I don't doubt it for a second. Because she's white. And she has a hard candy shell. Mmm...
Furthermore, I'm finally re-writing my Noah's Ark script. For those of you who are old enough to remember, I started writing a Noah's Ark scene 2 years ago in Albion. It was very long (16 pages), and re-reading it... it's not very funny. But it does have some really good ideas in it. So I've got a week and two days to come up with something better than what it's taken me two years to write. That makes sense (and makes this whole writing thing far more dramatic than it needs to be). But I am excited to sit down and rewrite this scene, because the story of Noah's Ark has bugged me since I first heard it when I was younger. I hope to someday have enough material for a full-length parody.
And, finally, I get to see my parents tomorrow! It's been since my grandma's birthday (see my March 28th post [I quote myself more than Steven J. Gould!]) since I've seen my family, and that's way too long. As I was telling Laura, it seems as though I'm trapped in this city. I can't even get my day off. And, the worst part is that I don't feel secure enough in my job to keep asking for days off. I mean, it feels like Andrea's getting to the point where I work all the time or I could be replaced. And I feel like I could be replaced... quite easily. I went from being totally secure a couple weeks ago... to feeling like I could easily be replaced. And what did it was Andrea's new attitude. She's getting to the point where she seems like she wouldn't mind firing a bunch of the employees... AND she's getting very close to moving out of the store and onto something larger. That's always a dangerous place. But, I suppose my ability to fix their computers has to make me useful in at least that regard. And I'm very willing to whore myself for the sake of the ice cream... I'd like to see her replace THAT!

No comments: