Tuesday, May 11, 2004

How old am I?
I've been wanting to write about this for a while, actually. A while ago, when I was at the bank for a change run, I started talking to Ashleigh and she was very surprised that I was only 23. That's kind of cool, I guess. But, recently, it's happened a lot more. Cherise was shocked as hell that she and I are the same age. Then Christa thought I was 25... and when I went to talk to Lindsey about it, I asked her how old she thought I was before I mentioned what Christa thought, and Lindsey said "I don't know... 25?". So I look, apparently, 25 (twenty-five). You'd think that I would maybe feel good about looking older, but I really don't. You get out of college, and no one knows what the hell age you are. And I guess no one cares.

Yesterday was spent making more ice cream. Yeah... I spent about 12 hours just making ice cream. I got an hour and a half during the middle of the day for what was lunch and dinner... and, yeah, just makin' the ice cream. It's incredible... I made ice cream basically until we were out of ice cream and pans... and I still don't think it was enough. This summer is going to suck so hardcore... someone's going to have to be making ice cream every day. And the lines are just going to keep coming. Stupid ice cream.
Speaking of stupid, my AC finally came on... on a cold day. Yeah, today has been cold all morning, and my AC is finally on in my building. That's life, I guess. I plan on keeping the AC on all the time, to combat the warm weather, which we all know that I hate. I need sunglasses, that's what I need.
Hey... let's keep talking about stuff that sucks! My dreams suck ass! Recently I've had a dream about my car being stolen (which was okay because I lost my keys and I figured if I found my keys, I'd find my car), a paycheck (which was large enough to cover my bills and I was happy), and being at my dad's wake. The last one was, obviously the worst. That was last night's... and I woke up feeling tired, and have felt tired all day.
Do you know what I just realized, blog? I just realized that everyone's gone from school, so no one reads this anymore. Hooray! I can go back to pretending that I'm just talking to myself... which is my favorite thing to do. Let's try it, shall we?
John: Hey
John: What's going on?
John: Not much, you?
John: Pretty much the same. You doing anything today?
John: I guess... if you wanted to. I was just going to hang out here though.
John: Oh yeah? Me too... I guess.
John: Well... if you have something better in mind...
John: No no... hanging out here is cool. It's not like we do that everyday or anything.
John: You know what? I could use just a little less attitude from you, alright?
John: Oh... I don't have an attitude.
John: You do too! Didn't you just hear yourself?
John: Why? Were you not paying attention?
John: Of course I was paying attention... what the hell?
John: I don't know... you were asking me like you weren't paying attention.
John: Man, shut up. You know what I meant.
John: I knew what you meant? Can I read you mind?
John: Yeah, actually.
John: Oh don't bring your opinion into this as if it's fact.
John: What the hell? I don't need this.
John: You need me.
John: No. I don't... I'm totally out of here.
John: Hey! You come back here... I'm sorry. COME BACK! It'll be different! I promise!
>Grand pause<

So today, I got to the store to open with Brian, who's opening for the first time as a keyholder. He's cool... he's openly gay, but not to the point where he wants to create conflict with it, he's just really matter-of-fact. Like, today, he was talking to me as we were walking about one of his friends who gets hit on by men all the time... and his friend is like "I'm sorry, but I don't want to spend my time talking to trash" >gestures towards the person talking to him<. It was so funny... if you see me soon, ask me to do it. Anyway, Andrea asked me to come down into the office to "see/fix" something, and there was water all over the place. There's a leak someplace and it's dripping down into the basement office. It was damn near the straw that broke the camel's back (the camel in this metaphor will be played by my boss)... but we just took it all one step at a time and got it fixed (sort of).
I made the deposit for the first time all by myself. That was pretty cool >shakes head<. I was able to personally count $9000... which is always cool because for about two seconds you can pretend you're counting your own money. And that's always cool. But it was not, in fact, my money. As a matter of fact, I doubt any of that money will go to me. They have a jar at the High Focus Group Worldwide Headquarters... and it says "John's Wage" on it... and they just fill it with whatever change they have left after lunch. That's how I get paid. "Welcome to the real world, Johnny!" Anyway... the deposit took forever, hooray for Robert! Robert's the quarky guy at the bank who likes to count and recount and count one more time... just to make sure he's got it. I admire how anal he is... it makes us similar. But there's a point when I've counted the money where I say to myself "I've already counted this" and I move on. That's not really Robert's style. PLUS! After having spent like an hour downstairs counting all that shit and putting it into easy piles, etc... he just took all my beautiful piles and mashed them together and counted it all himself. So fuck him! I mean... he's cool. It honestly took me at least half an hour at the bank... and by a half an hour, I mean that I entered the bank clean shaven and I left the bank dead! I was already that old! Whatever...
What the Flames?! Calgary is up 2-0 on the San Jose Sharks... which is something I NEVER would have anticipated. Good for Calgary? I don't know... I kind of think the Flames aren't helping hockey by being good (sorry Laura). Hockey needs help. And, of all the teams left, Philly would probably help hockey the most by winning the cup... a good hockey team on the East Coast will get hockey the good pub that they need. People in Canada are going to like hockey anyway... what else do they have? Canadian football? Please! Hockey needs the ratings >gasp< boost that a good team in a big US city will give it. Fuck Tampa Bay! and who gives a shit about San Jose (except Heather Schwitzer)? Let's go Flyers, huh? Yeah... that sounds almost right. >shakes head< no... it doesn't matter, hockey's going into a labor stoppage and there will be minimal fanfare surrounding it. I mean, people in my city won't even notice... we'll be too worried about the Cubs and too busy ignoring the White Sox. Sorry Hockey... but let's keep playing or else there won't be enough people left caring in this country for the NHL to keep going (sure they'll be Canada and Europe and Russia, but stupid baseball is probably now more popular than hockey... and that's saying something, because baseball's stupid).
I'm done... have a great night/day/summer.

No comments: