Thursday, May 06, 2004

"This is Chicago"
That's one of my favorite things about the Brown Line. There's a Chicago stop... and the automated voice dude says "This is Chicago" when you stop there. It's the coolest thing ever! I've been thinking about writing a movie about a guy in Chicago... and using that as the introduction/opening credits. I think it would be really awesome to see the L, maybe at night, and some guy just riding around on it after a long day at work or whatever. I think it would make for a pretty kick ass beginning (it does in my head, anyway).
Right, so the reason I was on the Brown line tonight was that I met up with Adam at Improv Olympic up in Wrigleyville. Improv Olympic is a theatre that was started by Del Close... former Second City alumni who, right before he died, is quoted as saying "I'm tired of being the funniest person in the room". IO is a long form improv theatre. What's the mean? Well... the show we saw was an hour; an hour of improv; an hour of improv which was one scene. Yeah... they improved one scene for an hour. Granted it wasn't hilarious... but it was quiet funny. It was incredible that it was improvised... Incredible! I mean... I've seen worse plays before *cough "Going In" cough* and this was improvised. It was an unreal experience... and they perform each week, which means that every week they perform for about an hour of new material. I really want to go back (and besides, it's about a block away from Wrigley Field... and I was able to see the outside during a game. How cool is that?).
Speaking of cool... how cool is it to get an email from your ex-girlfriend saying she's going to California? Very cool... >sigh< Amie sent me an email (it was one of those mass emails) saying she's headed to San Diego. She's just going for the summer... but I guess she's just going to go live off the land, or something. It sort of doesn't surprise me... and I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to get into acting in LA... that's her. Good luck to her... I hope she finds a job. And an apartment. Right.
Back to things that are good... we played a game in my Improv class called Beastie Boys. Oddly enough I was the best one in the class. It's basically an improv rap game... but it's pretty fun and really easy (I thought). Wanna learn it? Let me know (Laura).

No comments: