Sunday, May 23, 2004

Happy 8 Month Anniversary, Blog
Yes, it's now been eight months of controversy, self indulgence, and psychotic ramblings... and I think it's important that we've all learned a valuable lesson: Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how wrong I am.
Good... now that that's settled, I can go about writing about my first Writing 5 rehearsal. It felt pretty good, actually. Joe Janes basically said "Here are the writers" >gestures< "And here are the actors" >gestures to us<. It felt like 'real' acting... I mean, even more so than acting in college... it felt like I was being brought in to be an actor (which is bascially exactly what happened). All I'm saying is that it was a fantastic feeling to be the "actor". Like I was professional, or something. That's what it was... it felt professional. Nice.
There is one actor, Andy, who is just REALLY good. He's REALLY good... and everyone else is comparable to myself (I feel). It's interesting... because while the Mike guy seems to be good when the script is good, he doesn't make unfunny things funnier. I've got the lead in one scene that is the complete opposite of funny. And I think Joe gave me that part to see if I could make something out of it. We'll see... I think Joe's a little handcuffed with this scene because the other one this dude wrote isn't all that good either, so my guess is that he doesn't have much good stuff to choose from.
Anyway... I'm really excited for this show. We'll be performing in August and the first Friday in September... and it should be a really good show (sans the two or three skits that really suck).
Speaking of shows, my show this Sunday is shaping up nicely. We get only 17 minutes... and the three different sections are pretty good. We've got two scenes and a song... and at least one of the scenes is really funny (in my opinion). The song is the most offensive thing ever... and people are either going to laugh, or be absolutely silent. We'll see. It'll be interesting, to say the least... and probably really good practice for Dave, Keith, and I.
In the "I can't cook" file, I tried making sweet and sour stir fry with tofu... and it didn't come out so well. The directions said I could just pop the tofu in and cook for two minutes... but I think I needed to cook the tofu seperately, so it could harden a little more. Or something. I tried draining it twice like Amber told me, and I don't think I did that right either. Maybe that was the problem. I don't know.
All I do know was that I was inspired last night. I was lying in bed and finally came up with an idea for a scene for Monday. I'm not really "excited" about it, but it'll get done. That's kind of the way the writing classes have been. Nothing to get too excited about, I'm just putting crap out there... into the world which is already inundated with crap. Oh well.

No comments: