Friday, May 07, 2004

My dad's funnier than your dad!
Speculating on the series finale of Friends, my father said (of Ross and Rachel): "It would be great if they got on the plane to Paris together and it exploded over the ocean. Would make it kind of current, don't you think? Also, would kind of get us out of the happy ending mentality so that we could better prepare for another term of Bush."
ZING! Wowzers... that's mah old man! Nothing says the current administration better than a fiery death over an ocean. Whoops... I'm getting political again. Time to stop and go back to being a sheep.
Speaking of being sheep... let's talk Coldstone, shall we? Thursday is supposedly my day off. How did I end up having a twelve hour work day? I'm not sure... but I think it's because I'm a bitch. I started making ice cream at 10:30 or so in the morning... and I just kept making the ice cream... just kept making that f--king ice cream. I got roughly an hour to print a contact sheet off and eat what was lunch and dinner. And then I went back to the store to meet all sorts of new kiddos!
The new kiddos: Andrea had 11 (eleven) trainees come in Thursday night. Greg and I split them up into three groups... he handled two groups up front... showing them the stone, getting them pulling, and showing them the register. I took a group into the back... basically so that Greg wouldn't have to worry about 11 kids. Did I have anything to tell them? No... not really... so I rambled for like half an hour while I was >gasp< making more ice cream! I guess it was fun. One of the trainees, Khira, is totally my favorite. She's got a great personality and a great sense of humor... and I liked her a lot. Her word of the night was: Stankstas... what does it mean? I'm pretty sure it's some kind of degradation of some kind. It doesn't matter... she's great. And one of the most energetic trainees (which means I don't like her... kidding... but I hate energy, you know that), Bahiyyah, had a dance to MJs "Thriller"... and she tought me the dance, so we both did it. She was fluid and I was white... but it was still a pretty good rendition of the dance. (Any dance looks better if more than one person's doing it at the same time... it's the nature of dancing)
Let's talk other fun things... Gamefly comes through! (Sort of!) I had two games coming from Gamefly.com: Viewtiful Joe and Eternal Darkness. I set up my account on Saturday, and Thursday I finally got a game in the mail. Except I only got one... I was like "wah wha?" and the mailbox was like "I don't know... I'm just here! I'm just always here!" and I said "fine!". But Viewtiful Joe is kind of a disappointment... Eternal Darkness is pretty sweet. There's not much action, but it's really creepy so far. I like creepy... I'm good at it >rummages through your garbage< REALLY good at it.
Speaking of a great segue... the Spiderman bases. Spiderman bases! I'm SO glad that MLB decided to go back on the agreement to put Spiderman 2 logos on all the bases... because that really would've made me puke. Really. It'd be like putting ads in the goal in hockey... or in the End Zone in football... it's just disgusting. I'm not so sure I want to see Spiderman 2 anyway... but I would HATE it if they had their stupid logo on all the baseball bases. Stupid Spiderman.
Speaking of unrelated things... Jason Kidd and Andre Agassi: seperated at birth? I ask because of the way they walk. They walk in the exact same way... and it's the oddest way I've ever seen in shape men walk. It's like they were once fat and then thinned... because they kind of walk like fat men. Or something... it's really weird. If you get a chance, watch those two guys walk. It's weird.

No comments: