Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Writing Level 3
Last night I had my first writing level 3 class (hence the title). And the focus of this term is "drawing on personal experience". Needless to say, dredging through my previous personal experiences was neither easy nor fun... and I have a feeling that this is going to be a very difficult term both mentally and emotionally. Especially considering that it's summer and I have a lot of good (now read: painful) memories from the summer. My boss would probably tell me that the only reason these memories are painful is that I have yet to make peace with my own past... and to recognize that whatever happened, happened the way it needed to happen (or something). And I know that I have left the past in the past because it hurts too much to revisit... and it's something I'll be pretty much forced to deal with in the next two months, so I guess that's good? Who knows... all I know is that it's going to be uncomfortable even though it's supposed to be "comedy".
By the way, I have to submit something after the sixth week to see if I'll go on to the next writing level (Level 4: writing for a revue). Wish me luck in late June.

No comments: