Thursday, May 20, 2004

Ouch... my throat
My throat hurts... still. It's been hurting since like Saturday... but now it really hurts. Whatever... it's not like there's anything I can do about it, sans bitching to YOU >points<. And that's what I'm doing... so I'm already ahead of myself.
Today is Thursday... and Thursday is my "day off". 'Hey John' you say, 'Why the quotation marks around "day off"? and how come I don't get quotation marks when I talk?' Well, blogger reader person, the quotation marks around "day off" means that I don't actually get the day off... but we call it that to appease me. I am, apparently, easily appeased.

That's not true... and I'll tell you why. In an odd move on my emotions' part, I've been just as likely to want to curl up in my bed and cry as do anything else for almost a week. I know part of it is the huge sense of loss I'm feeling post-Moody; while another part is the new emphasis on personal experiences that my writing class is taking... and the resulting mental trips to the past. But there is a large part of it that I don't understand... I mean, I won't even be doing or thinking anything and all of a sudden I'd rather be crying than whatever I'm doing. And this is also weird because, as I've posted before, I find it difficult to cry even when I'm really sad or depressed about something. Even when I want to cry... it never comes out.
Whatever... I'm sure I'll just do what I always do, which is to say that I'll go to work and make ice cream for 12 hours and continue to cry on the inside. Or whatever it is that I do. Think about football, maybe. Or go back to eating five times a day... one of those two things will happen.
Hope you're having a better day than I am.

No comments: