Sunday, May 09, 2004

Blogger decides to scare me
What the crap? The Blog may look the same to you, but it's different and scary to me. Everything new is scary... and I don't like things that I don't know about: I'm an American!
Alright... enough with the nation bashing! The great thing about this country is that we can do something about it if we are unhappy. For some, that means running for office to replace the current idiots with brand new ones; for others, it means teaching 18 year old girls about their bodies. The second category is me. I can't believe I said that. Oh well... It's not like I can go back and erase things. Once I say it, it's on here, baby!
Whatever... anyway... blogging now looks a lot more like writing an email than actually writing or doing something productive. We all know how much typing emails suck... so I'm kind of not excited by the changes. Although I hate new things as a rule... so this is no surprise to me.
That makes me think about what new things don't suck: So... what new things don't suck? How about me on stage?! That's not new... but it is for Chicago. May 16th seventeen minute show is rapidly approaching (still)... but that show sucks in comparison to the other stuff I'm doing now. On May 30th, Dave, Keith, some dude named Sal and I are going to be doing two short skits (written by Dave) plus one song written by Keith. The cool thing is that it's just us four... doing stuff we wrote. The craptacular part is that we're only performing for 15 minutes.
Brush all that aside because here is the coolest news ever (or at least in the past few months): I got cast in the Writing 5 show! What does that mean? Well... it'll be me and 5 or 6 other people performing stuff written right here at the Second City Chicago. We perform anywhere from 12 to 14 skits, each being in about half of them. The awesome part is that it shows my acting range... I'll be able to play a bunch of different roles, different characters; plus! I'll be able to do scripted acting work again. God it's been so long! It'll feel really good to go on stage and know what I'm doing for once. I totally can't wait. The good news for you >points< is that the performances are 4 or 5 Fridays... from August through to the first weekend of September (Labor Day weekend). The bad news is that with so many shows, you have no f--king excuse to not come see my show. Unless you're defending my country in another country (Ken). Everyone else had damnwell better be there. That means YOU! >Points<

No comments: