Tuesday, April 13, 2004

And then there were three: A writing level 2 story
I went to my writing class tonight with my new scene. How did it go? As well as the other scenes went (hint: not very well). I don't know... it just seems like I'm not very good at this whole writing thing. I mean... really... honestly... I'm not very good. The more I write... the more I realize that I'm not very good at it. All my characters are basically the same... or they're two dimensional; All my jokes are lame puns or crude toilet humor; and all my ideas are trite or boring. I don't know where all my good ideas went... or maybe they just seemed funnier because Susan is such a good audience. I'm not sure... but, either way, I'm struggling. I don't know how much more I can take before I have to quit. I mean, at the end of level 3 I'll have to submit a piece of my writing. If it's good enough to get me passed level 3, maybe I'll stick with the writing. If it's not, I think I'm done. So there you have it... I've got one more semester for sure in my writing class.
What does that mean? Well... let's think about it. If the writing class falls through, by the end of July I'll only be in one class at Second City. And, by the end of July Coldstone is going to be a shitty place to work... and I won't know anyone because all the Moody kids are leaving for the summer, so it'll just be me and Andrea and a rotating crew of hundreds. Wow... Chicago's starting to look pretty crappy at that point. My lease is up the end of September... I might be looking for a new place to live come September. I've actually been thinking about this... Canada's a great place to live. And there's a Second City in Toronto. If I wanted to continue doing Improv, maybe Toronto would be a place for me to check out. At the very least... I'd really like to head to Toronto just to see what the Second City facility is like there. Yeah... no... I've been thinking about it. I don't think I could stand another four years of idiocy that would be Bush's second term... I would have to move, just to keep my head from exploding.
Granted, those two things seem to conflict. I'm saying I wouldn't want to stay in Chicago if the Second City doesn't work out, yet I'm willing to go to Toronto to try to do more in the Second City. That doesn't make sense... does it? Well... it's at least an idea. And it's a better idea than moving back in with my parents. Could I get a job at Albion? Yes... yes I could... and it doesn't matter what I'd be doing, PTM would create a position for me. Hell... let's face it kiddies, I could sell a man his OWN car... I can sell that f--king school. Granted I'll never be important enough to have my name plastered on a building (*cough* Randi *cough*)... but people will buy into whatever I'm selling because they'll buy me. One of the freshmen there remembers me from the Euphonics' Sears Tower gig, and I don't want to take all the credit (that would be WAY too egotistical even for ME), but there's certainly a reason why she remembers me.
What am I saying? Well... basically... that I have no job skills and I really need to figure out what I'm going to do with myself so that I don't have to go back to selling drugs and body parts out of a van. >sigh< I'm really tired... goodnight folks.

No comments: