Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Geez... it feels like it's been a long time!
Last night, in my writing class, my instructor Joe James was talking about how he writes. He told us that he wakes up at 6 or 7 in the morning, every morning. Then he "putzes" around for about 45 minutes, eating breakfast, doing laundry, etc. He then reads something completely unrelated to what he's writing for half an hour... and then starts writing. After 45 minutes, he stops... regardless of where he is... even if it's mid-sentence. He said it was a trick Hemingway used to do: if you leave your writing mid-sentence, you know EXACTLY where you left off when you return. Then he does something unrelated for 15 minutes... and goes back to writing for another 45 minutes. This way he's not burned out or overwhelmed whenever he writes.
Isn't that cool? I thought so, screw you! I was just thinking about somehow making my own schedule like that. The only problem is that I really like to write in this here blog >pats< at night... but it would be easiest with my job to write in the morning, before the store is open. So I have no idea what to do. I might have to start doing something where I write about my day at night, and I write my scripts during the day... or something. That's a lot of writing.
I kind of liked the idea because Sunday and Monday, I had two scripts to write... and I just ended up being pretty mentally exhausted when the whole thing was done. Even Monday night, after it was all finished, I was feeling the effects of having my brain have to work for so long. I guess it's not used to that kind of time pressure anymore... or writing is a lot more challenging that YOU give it credit for. You stupid business person, you. >shrug< Wanna see what I wrote? Leave me a comment. If not, I keep all my stuff to myself :P
Plus, maybe I'll start timing my blog-postings so that I not just sitting here thinking and typing, but I actually have a set time that i have to get all the shit out of my head and on to the information superhighway so that everyone in the world can see my cranial fecal matter.
Speaking of poo... I just got my wireless bill. I get 800 (eight hundred) anytime minutes for a pretty good rate. Last month I used 972 (nine hundred and seventy two) minutes during my peak hours... and the extra (almost) three hours basically doubled my bill. Doubled! Now I'm not faulting you all >points< because I love it when you call and it's worth all the money in the world to be able to talk to you... but I don't know how I could've used almost a thousand (1000) minutes in a month. Anyway, since it's SO expensive, I'm thinking about raising the amount of minutes that I have to 1000... and then I probably won't ever have to worry about going over again. 1000 minutes is a LOT. Ooo! If you have Verizon Wireless... feel free to call me anytime, as we're "In" network. How cool is that? (Hint: not really cool at all)

No comments: