Sunday, April 11, 2004

Easter Eve and what was not (but should have been) my first concussion!
Hooray! Nate called me this morning. He's facing a tough decision... and I listened as he explained it from every angle. Then I forced him to talk sports... and, to even it out, forced him to talk laundry. Heehee... that's even.
And then... I worked all day, hooray! I went to work at 2 (right when the Wings' game started) and started making ice cream. And I didn't stop making ice cream until 10 (an hour before close). I made 8 cases... that's 16 bladders... that's 32 pans of ice cream... and that was literally the rest of my day. Even though there were four trainees and Adam Traum, the night still went pretty smoothly. Andrea was totally impressed by the crew we had working and how quickly and efficiently they worked together. She even sprung for us all to get pizza (I know) and she bought me a turkey sandwich from a deli just so I'd have something to eat (as I was there from 2-10 sans food). So I'm really tired... but everything went all right.
Back to the title... when I first got to work I took out the garbage (like I do). As I was putting some cardboard boxes in the dumpster I dropped one on the ground (seems like something that would happen). As I stood up, my head hit the dumpster HARD... and I mean woozy "I think I'm going to fall over" hard. So I semi-stumbled back into the store and I asked Cherise if I was bleeding... and she was like "Oh God"... so I spent the next twenty minutes or so trying to stop the bleeding so I could get back to work. Here's a tip: Cutting your head is bloody: don't cut your head. The End.

No comments: