Monday, April 19, 2004

Haling sewage and other fun work-related things!
Yesterday the basement of Coldstone flooded. Yeah... that's right... flooded. Fortunately for me, it was all cleaned up by today. Unfortunately for me, it had been 'wet-vacced' into a crate. Maybe crate isn't the right word... but it's a big plastic container of some kind. Okay? Geez! Anyway... there's this big plastic container filled with sewage water and crappy stuff like that... and it smelled BAD. Imagine the worse smell you've ever smelled... then stick it in a poorly ventilated room, and leave it there overnight. It. Smelled. Bad. But someone's got to take care of it. And that someone's me, I guess. But Andrea said she'd help... so she and I poured the container into a plastic tub (that was easier to carry)... and I carried it from the basement to the back alley. Oddly enough, in the back alley there are no drains. Where does the sewage water go? Um... who knows? Andrea told me to look away, and I did in my typical subservient way. I turned back around after a few seconds and she was standing next to me and she said "Oops... it fell over". And, by God she was right... the bucket magically fell over in some dude's unpaved driveway. Weird, huh? That totally made me laugh, too. It was funny. Guess you had to be there... anyway, we had to go back downstairs to get the rest of the sludge. We did... and the rest of it was heavier than the first part of it... so we both had to carry it together. As disgusting as all this sounds, it was actually pretty funny... in a "there's liquid feces on me" kind of way. We then took turns bleaching the floor... which tasted pretty bad (kidding... it tasted good!).

There's a Christmas tree in the alley behind the store which has been there since sometime in January. I may have even posted about it... lemme check. Yep... check out Sunday, January 18 "Dude, Where's my car indeed!". I wrote a haiku about the tree. Wanna hear it? (of course you do)... cue 'Kung Fu: The Legend Continues' music!
Christmas Tree... A Haiku:
Pine tree in alley
Solitary and beaten
Frozen in its roots

Andrea was slightly disturbed... but I thought it was cool. She told me to sit and meditate on the tree until I realized how I was that tree. This was an exercise in... um... something. I'm not sure what. So I sat and meditated. We ended up differing as to why I was the tree... but it actually predicated an interesting conversation. The short version is that she's worried because I haven't been happy since she's known me... and that's almost half a year, which is really long time to not be happy. But we talked about a few things and it was a pretty good conversation, if hard for me to hear (as it was insightful and from a fairly objective observer).
So after all that, Andrea and I left Coldstone at the same time (which is a more and more often occurrence... we both get to a point where nothing else can be done, so we leave [that makes sense]). Andrea was contemplating where to go eat dinner tonight and she said something about thai food and I said "I love Thai" because I really like spicy foods (and I DO like Thai). She said "Oh I know this great place" and I was all "oh neat... I don't know any Thai places" and she was all "oh it's on your way to your apartment" so we went. The place was called Garlic and Chili Thai and it's in this really weird looking place on LaSalle that looks like someplace you shouldn't go. But I got the Chicken Curry Noodles and it was tres good. We had a nice meal and she even paid... how great is that? It's like being useless and letting someone else pay. Oh... that's exactly what it is.
Called Mommy and Daddy! Hooray! That was good and well-needed. And now Identity is on HBO and I'm too tired to watch it all (as it's 12:45... don't let the post time fool you)... so I'm taping it. Well worth the $8.95 per month I pay for this stupid channel. Have a crazy night :)

No comments: