Wednesday, April 28, 2004

On a very special CrazyJohn...
John proclaims his undying love for Ms. Mildred Wong.
"Oh Ms. Mildred Wong... I love you"
>pause... eyes shift back and forth<
What do you expect, a novel? You're gettin' this shit for free!
Today was the last day of my City of Chicago Sanitation class... and I took the exam. I pretty much stayed up all last night studying... I did my thing where I was awake for a couple hours, then slept for an hour an a half, then was awake again. In all honesty, it felt like college again... it felt pretty good.
Maybe I should say a few things about the sanitation class. Hmm... the sanitation class was set up, as Andrea says, to "catch" Chinese restaurants and other people who don't speak English. Catch them at what? Catch them at serving dog meat or other unsanitary things... I suppose. So, imagine if you will a class wherein the topics are VERY important, yet it's taught to you as if you were in elementary school. This is what I've been doing for the past three Wednesdays for about 8 hours a day. Fun, huh? Bet you wish you were here... learning about Listeria or something.
Fortunately for me, I had the sexiest teacher known to human kind: Ms Mildred Wong. That's right kiddies, nothing says sexy, to me, like a fifty something Chinese dietician. Mmm... She also knows logic, because she said "darefo" (which is Chinese for "therefore") after almost every sentence. Every Wednesday my heart would flood with the love and pure desire for Ms. Wong and I would be unable to contain myself unless we got our break at 10:30 for 10 minutes, our lunch a little before noon for an hour, and another break sometime around 2 or 2:30. But now my life must go on. I must let go of my beloved Mildred, so that she might go forth and teach others that sneezing and then handling food is not a good idea. I will miss her with every fiber of my being. Whenever I go up Mt. Fuji to see Jackie Chan so that I may obtain the special energy, the special karate chop... and he pulls out of his safe deposit box containing 165 degrees F, 15 seconds; 155 degrees F, 15 seconds; and 145 degrees F, 15 seconds, so that I may kill harmful microorganisms... I'll think of Ms. Wong... and Jackie and I will remember her fondly, while he and I battle salmonella, trickonosis, and E coli. Au revoir, Mildred. >blows kiss into the wind<

Check out the quote I got! Wait... before I show you, get into a philosophical state of mind. Find that hard to do? Think of me... now think of me arguing with you over something minute or irrelevant (This should not be hard for you... particularly if your name is Laura). Now read...
"Act through nonaction,
Handle affairs through noninterference,
Taste what has no taste,
Regard the small as great, the few as many,
Repay resentment with integrity.

Undertake difficult tasks
by approaching what is easy in them;
Do great deeds
by focusing on thier minute aspects.

All difficulties under heaven arise from what is easy,
All great things under heaven arise from what is minute.

For this reason,
The sage never strives to do what is great.
Therefore,
He can acheive greatness.

One who lightly assents
will seldom be believed;
One who thinks everything is easy
will encounter much difficulty.

For this reason,
Even the sage considers things difficult.
Therefore,
In the end he is without dificulty."

Pretty neat, huh? The origin of the quote is unknown... it came to me from Heaven... or on the information superhighway that we humans refer to as the World Wide Web. (Take THAT Hyper-Text Transfer Protical! >pushes up glasses<)

No comments: