Thursday, April 29, 2004

On a not-so-special CrazyJohn...
I got the day off! Hooray! Hooray for Thursdays!
I spent most of the morning/afternoon playing GTA: Vice City. I got it for Christmas... but never really got around to playing it until today. What's weird is that GTA 3 reminds me of the summer before my senior year. I don't know how many nights/early mornings were spent playing GTA 3 on my computer... and playing it again makes me think of the smell of the Albion rain... and that tree right outside the window at Burns... and that summer makes me think about all the time Laura and I spent together. It was really a great summer... I really enjoyed that summer, even though I was still working my ass off while it seemed like everyone else around me had plenty of free time.
BTW... FURSCA is the awesomest program in Albion history. If you get the chance... do it. I wish I would've gotten paid to stay in Albion over the summer and do research towards my thesis. How great would that have been? (Hint: very)
Anyway... I have a list of things I need to do eventually... but I really wanted to not do anything today. I still feel really tired from this weekend AND my stupid staying up all night to study my sanitation exam stupidity. >sigh< Tired... but I did watch some sports tonight... see?

Detroit Sports City:
The Wings look like they just don't want it badly enough. I mean... the Flames look hungry and the Wings look like they're playing a regular season game. Cujo looks like he wants it... but I don't think he's good enough to carry the team. Robert Lang is a MAN... holy crap is he good. I had no idea when we traded for him... but he's awesome.
But speaking of wanting it... the Pistons looked good tonight. They won the series with Milwaukee, including a couple blowout wins. They now have a matchup in the second round with the team that kicked their collective asses in the Conference finals last year: New Jersey. I think that the Nets are in danger of not being hungry enough... and I think the Pistons REALLY want to win. We'll see.

No comments: