Saturday, April 10, 2004

Happy freakin' Easter
My parents have come and gone... too soon. I took them to the food court area in Water Tower Place for lunch. I got the largest burger in the history of killed and cooked meat. We went to Lou Malnati's on Thursday night... and were forced to wait over an hour for our pizza (as someone in the back dropped the first one when it came out). The manager came and told us that the pizza was on her... so the appetizer and the drinks were only a little over $10. Not bad for a night out with the folks. I was going to take them to see a Second City show, but unfortunately both the mainstage and the etc were sold out. But, fortunately enough for us, the pizza took so long we wouldn't have been able to head to the show even if we did have tickets.
Nothing says "Happy morning" like a bloody nose. I woke up, sat up, and blood started pouring from my nose. It was then and there I decided to throw my cocaine stash in the garbage (which I later fished out). Friday went too quickly as well... we went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. My mom spent a good portion of the meal studying the kinds of cheesecake on the menu... and commenting as to what she thought I would like (even after I had decided on the White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle). We then walked to the AMC theatre down on Illinois (you know the one) because we were going to watch a movie. But they didn't have anything we wanted to see... so I said "How about we check out the IMAX on the Navy Pier?" And we did. But, again, nothing to be seen. So I showed my mom the Irish Import shop where my sister and I had gotten her Christmas Present... and that was pretty much that. We took the "Free" Trolley from Navy Pier... where I met a 1 year old John Paul. Shit... He's going to be a ladykiller with a name like that. We then walked to... well... my mom and dad checked out Nordstroms and I went into the Virgin Megastore to kill some time. I bought the third season of the Family Guy (love that show) and the Pink Panther DVD Collection that just came out... and then we headed back to their hotel. It was at this point when I started to be so tired that I could barely stay awake. I also (somehow) hurt my left foot in Vegas... and all the walking that we did made it worse. Add to that and the tiredness... the fact that it is a Friday night in Chicago and we can't eat meat... and thinking about where to take my parents for dinner was hellish. What we ended up doing was going to the grocery store (my mom had been 'keen' on getting me groceries ever since she got here) and getting some tomato soup and bread and cheese and my mom made us grilled cheese and soup. It was good in that it reminded me of home, but I really hate tomato soup. Trade-offs abound! We ended up watching one of the Pink Panther movies and calling it an early night. I still doubt that I'll be able to get to bed early... that has not been easy as of late. I'm having trouble getting to sleep... and when I do, I'm having weird "school" dreams (which is weird in and of itself, because [as anyone who knows me knows] I don't normally remember my dreams). Stupid nighttime... that's when all the thinking happens. Goodnight...

No comments: