Friday, November 14, 2003

CrazyJohn and the imminent performances-
Tomorrow (Saturday) I will be registering for my next term of classes at The Second City Training Center. I will be in Beginning Improv Level B and Comedy Writing Level 1 (not the Intro course I'm taking now). So, at my current rate, I'll be in Level C and performing (AHH!!!) Sunday, May 16th, 2004. Then, if all goes well, I'll be performing with my Level D class on Sunday, August 1st, 2004. That's all I know so far. The Level C performance will be a 20 minute demonstration of games and exercises in the mid-morning/early afternoon... and the Level D performance will be a half hour demonstration of (you guessed it) games and exercises and it will be in the late afternoon. It is my guess that the Level E performance will be some time in October 2004... but it will be on a Friday night or Saturday afternoon and it is an hour long graduation showcase. I find it incredible to think that I'll be able to go from our stupid party games to an hour long performance in just a year... but a LOT can happen in a year (as anyone who's ever looked back on the previous year can tell you).

Ok... now that THAT's out of the way... who wants to talk "Attack of the Clones"? Huh? It's on HBO... and I'm watching it, and it's just on this side of terrible. So... I'm going to be a great big super huge dork, so if you don't want to see this side of me, skip this section. One of the GLARING problems, that no one seems to talk about (for some reason) is about Anakin's home planet of Tatooine. Ironically enough, it is also Luke's home planet... and where Obi Wan hides out after the Clone Wars. What's the problem with this, you ask? WELL... Luke is "hidden" from Darth Vader, remember? So we feel the best place to hide Luke is on Darth's home planet... the planet where his mother died... the planet where he slaughtered an entire village??? This is the best place we can think of to hide Luke? Furthermore, Luke is hidden with his uncle, who we see in the second movie that Anakin meets and spends time with. AND... Obi Wan hides out from Darth and the Emperor on Anakin's home planet too... wow Obi Wan... what a great freakin' plan. Hey Lucus... did you just stop thinking? Or were you too busy trying to make these movies match up with the "first" ones that you wanted to have it all tied up in a neato bundle? I've got an idea... why don't we just have everyone from the first trilogy, and we'll put them all in the same room in the third new movie... and it's someone's birthday but no one know's whose birthday it is... and I'm sure that hilarity will ensue. Or Lucus is an idiot. One of those two things is true.

In further, unrelated news... Kung Faux is a funny show. It calls itself Hip-Hop dubbed Kung Foo... and that's what it is. I believe it's Tommy Boy records who has hip-hop artists just dub all sorts of weird stuff over the normal movie. It's a bit like Kung Pow... but that's a super super funny movie... and this is a mildly funny tv show. It is not as funny as Most Extreme Elimination Challenge, which is one of the funniest shows on the tv picture box.

I think I'm going to just keep a'watchin'.... or I'll just keep eating cake. Or I'll watch Halloween 3... which has nothing to do with any of the other Halloween movies... which is SO weird! It's the most useless horror movie in all of the horror movie series... serieses... series's's... I have no idea. Hope you're having a crazy night :)

No comments: