Monday, November 17, 2003

CrazyJohn on a title that fits with all this loot-
First of all, let me finish my post from last night. Megan and I went and saw Kill Bill at ICE (Inner-City Entertainment). It was the first time I've ever seen a movie in an "urban" (can I just say primarily black? or will someone be offended?) theatre... and can I say it was a fantastic experience! Stuff was happening on the screen and behind me was "nu uh!" and "look at that girl kick ass" and "he need to grab his shit and go!"... it was great! It was pretty much how I like to watch movies anyway, but with WAY more sass :)
Also, I need to say that Kill Bill is a brilliantly stylized film... and I throughly enjoyed it. The Japanese Anime section to explain Lucy Liu's character's background I think is an interesting and brilliant decision. And, may I add that Lucy Liu is one of the most beautiful women ever... can I add that? She's DAMN hot in this movie... and maboy Quentin has made walking in slow motion with music THE COOLEST thing ever. I would walk in slow mo for Tarantino doing whatever he wanted... I would walk in a chicken costume... because he would make it cool.
Now... let's talk today, shall we? I was awoken by a phone call... a phone call from a Mr. Jim Johnson. He was calling in regards to the application I put in at a particular establishment. He wanted to know if I would be willing to come in for a "talk" (code for interview) later today. So I said I would be available at any time and we agreed on a time.
Then I looked in the mirror... my hair!!! SO LONG!!! I needed a haircut badly. There's one place I know of close to me... with a name too stupid to mention (Hint: It rhymes with "Supercuts"). In this haircutting establishment, I met a woman I will call Eva, as she seemed to be Austrian. Using words like charming, nice, warm, and friendly would not acurately describe Eva... words such as quick, silent, and "hate me" would acurately describe her. But she made my hair shorter... and by shorter, I mean tres sexy. That's right.
So... I went to the aforementioned establishment for my "interview" and I showed up fifteen minutes early. So I had to sit and do nothing and wait for this Jim Johnson guy. So I sat around... and fifteen minutes later he came upstairs from the basement (I'm guessing it's where the office is). He apparently just purchased the store from the previous owners a week ago... which is why he said that no one contacted me earlier. Yeah... so he just bought the place a week ago... and he said that he wants to make the place more fun for the costumers, and he liked that I was taking classes at the Second City... and we had a nice chat... and then I met his daughter, Andrea, who does most of the management, and we talked for a while too. She seems really cool... and she said that I would hear from them soon... like tonight. Which is good... because I need a job. Right.
I'll let you guys know if I hear anything good... right... I'm still not holding my breath... because I would pass out.

No comments: