Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Practice, practice, practice...
Well, kiddies, it's been a while, hasn't it? I've been involved in some travel and deep thought recently... so we'll see how much of that ends up here (probably none, as I seem to favor anecdotes about flatulence).
I spent the past weekend in Wisconsin (my favorite state)... saw the new Matrix movie... watched some football... went to Dennys for the first time in months >sigh for missing Albion<... was enticed by XBox games in Target... and saw my girl Karin and the ex-wife with half my stuff. I have to say that there is a highly inappropriate place in the Matrix when I was literally busting my sides trying not to laugh. "We're out of milk"... no one gets it, but it's funny as hell.... trust me.
Unrelated word to the wise: Don't drop your taco. The Taco Bell floor isn't as clean as it looks. 'Nuff said.
And then... I took the lovely Miss Kraly to the greatest location in all of sports... Lambeau Field. It was just as I remembered it... excited, a bit drunk, and passionate. A Lion's fan wouldn't really understand it until they saw it... trust me, I've been to home Lions games.... and it seemed like Laura really enjoyed the game, which is great because she likes to tell me (whenever she can) how dumb football is in comparison with hockey. What she doesn't understand is that football is the "fairest" managed of all professional sports... what with it's hard salary cap, revenue sharing, and quasi-complicated scheduling system. Yeah... in hockey you can have perenial powerhouses... as long as you're willing to put up the money and people are interested in your team (poor Columbus)... but in football, every team has a shot at the playoffs almost every year because of the way the league is structured. So great... and I'm rambling.
Now, the game has been blocked out of my memory... so I don't remember what happened... I think we won by 3,000. Anyway... we somehow found our way back to the highway... and Laura fell asleep on the way back to Madison. This is good... because she didn't see what I saw. I've never been more afraid while driving in my entire life... and I'll tell you why. South of Fond du Lac, WI, we were on a two-lane road with construction. And there was no one else on the road... and it was as foggy as I've ever seen fog (which sort of doesn't make sense)... but I could see the center yellow line... but not far enough to see the white line on the side of the road. That's right. It was terribly foggy... for about twenty minutes... during which I lost all bladder control. But not even my bright neon urine could light my way. Oh well... I died, but at least it was something different.
No word on jobs... improv class size still dwindling, we're down to 7 and only one woman is left. Who knew they would take offense to all the reference to my genitals that goes on during class?
I am looking to post something very long that I've been working on for a while now... look for something really long that you're not going to want to read :) Have a crazy day!

No comments: