Monday, November 17, 2003

CrazyJohn on new things that are good... and old things that are still bad-
So, kiddies, what has your old pal CrazyJohn been up to this weekend? Saturday, I registered for my Improv class for next term... but I was unable to register for my writing class as I have to somehow prove myself to my instructor and be allowed to move on to Level 1. I hope it's a knife fight... because I KNOW I'm good at that.
I also had a couple long talks with my parents Saturday. My dad has been really stressed (as he almost always is... but this week even more so) and has been working almost non-stop all week on his post tenure review. He wanted to know how to copy files onto a rewritable CD... sigh... it's times like that when I wish I was closer so I could just run home and show him how to do it. Granted I'm not THAT far... it's not Kansas or Las Vegas or Los Angeles... but it's far enough to not be practical to come home to explain computer things. I still don't know what to tell them about Thanksgiving... so I'm still saying "I hope to be home!" because I do. But if I don't find a job soon, I won't have any hair left to go gray. Still no word back from anyone... perhaps siting "can seduce young women" as a job skill was not the best move. We'll see.... when they need someone to seduce a young woman into submission, they'll know who to call. >wink<
I had a deep dish pizza for dinner... I swear they are the messiest food in the history of food. But well worth the trillions of calories I'm sure to have consumed.
Ah yes! I also rented "True Crime: Streets of LA" for my XBox. It's a GTA-type game, except you play a cop instead of a criminal. This means a lot of the fun things you WOULD have done as a bad guy, you can't do.... like killing people for no reason, say, or running people over with your car and then taking their money. I DO love the fact that they use actually street maps of LA for the game... so I'm starting to learn a little bit about the streets in Los Angeles. And I know that 10 is a Freeway... and there seems to be only one On Ramp in the entire city... hmm... perhaps the developers didn't do everything right. But the soundtrack is pretty cool... I may actually buy it. And you're supposed to be able to play as Snoop Dogg... if I ever find that cheat (and can perform it) I'll buy this game in a second. I would play as Snoop Dogg constantly... buy me some Snoop records, light up, eat some brownies, and just play the game.... mmm... that's right.
Update: I just found out that all I have to do to play as Snoop Dogg is collect 30 "bones"... which are somewhere in the city. Well... I know what I'll be doing for the next year and a half... or couple of days. Hooray!!!
Anyway... Today I visited my friend Megan on the South Side. We saw a movie, hung out, watched "Queer Eye", it was fun... it was good... it sounds like she works all the time, so it's nice to be able to be someone's vacation. The movie we saw was Kill Bill... and I totally want to talk about that experience... but I'm feeling too tired right now. It's quarter to three here and I think I'm just going to go to bed. Look for my post about the rest of Sunday sometime Monday. Have a crazy night! :)

No comments: