Tuesday, November 25, 2003

CrazyJohn: The Movie
Ok... so I was thinking, in light of my travels to see Miss Courtney McKay Hancock this afternoon, that if my life was a movie than this time of my life would be the beginning of the sequel. And, furthermore, if this was the sequel than the past half a year of my life would be a few lines of exposition in the beginning of the movie.
I mean, I guess that's true for all of us recent graduates... if the first movie was our senior year of college (which is always a good time of your life to have a movie about yourself), then this sequel would start off with all of us given a few expository lines about what we've been doing for six months (yeah... we graduated six months ago). I was also thinking that, of all my friends, Sellers' life would be the most interesting/movie worthy. And that sucks... because I can't even be the lead character in a movie about my friends and me. I play a supporting role in my own imaginary movie!!! What is THAT? Come on, me! Geez!!!
I also always thought my high school experiences would have made a good movie... but that would have definately been about me, as I was the most interesting person in the whole city of Big Rapids by that point. By interesting, I mean insane... and that's a tough crown to hold on to in this town.
For the most part, my college experieces also would make an interesting movie... but no one likes to see nice guys win... so my movie would have to focus on my senior year... and the resulting summer/present. But, then again, a movie about my friends would be way more interesting... and it would culminate in our graduation. (Sidenote: Alex Carroll would make one of the most interesting supporting characters in cinema history if he was in a movie about me... but, then again, so would Jim [particularly with the angle that he's dating my sister]).
Who would star in a movie about my life? Me... there's no one in Hollywood who can do me better than me. But that dude from Malcolm in the Middle would play Sellers (you know, Frankie Muniz)... and I'll have to work on casting beyond that... but that's a pretty good fit, if I do say so myself. And, oddly enough, Kirsten Dunst would play Karen in a movie about college AND Amie if the movie was about high school. This is also weird because I hate Kirsten Dunst. Ooo! And Hayden Christenson would play Alex Carroll (unless Alex wanted to do it, but that's besides the point)... except I'd have to say "Hayden... less brooding... Alex is nice" and Hayden would say "Uh ooga bugga booga" since I think he's got the intelligence of a grapefruit.
Crap... I have to go pick up my car (getting my oil changed)... I'll speculate about this more later :)

No comments: