Sunday, November 09, 2003

CrazyJohn on traffic-
Yes... that's right. It's about time that I talked about the wonderful phenomena known as "Chicago City Traffic." Whilst driving west towards O'Hare Airport, everyone else in the city said "Hey... let's go west towards O'Hare Airport!"... and so they did. And, when you're in traffic that's actually moving a bit... everyone is thinking the same thing "What the hell is the holdup?" If no cars are moving, you just sit there and take it (also my advice for those going to prison for the first time). So this was the 'cars are still sort of moving' kind of traffic... and the whole time I'm thinking about what could possibly be forcing people to break quickly and make me almost rear-end the person in front of me. So I sit there, go forward... break... swear... repeat. At one point, I saw an Illinois State Trouper had pulled someone over, and I thought that was the holdup... and then the trouper pulled out, followed someone else (while everyone around was breaking like bastards so as not to get a ticket), and then pulled that person over. So I thought that maybe the bastard trouper was the reason why we were going all stupid... but no, it was not. Then, I get to the front of the traffic and... nothing. I start accelerating and I notice that no one is breaking like idiots... and there was just no reason at all. I mean... when you get to the front of the traffic... you want to see something horrible... like a fireball or Keanu Reeves in Hamlet or something... but there was NOTHING. COME ON!!! And I accelerated too much before I realized I was at the front of the traffic to do something about it. You know... you really just want to shift lanes quickly or break for no reason when you get to the head of those traffic jams... but I was unable to do anything fun. >Sigh<

Remind me to rant about the Third Matrix movie sometime... I don't want to "ruin" it for those who haven't seen it.

No comments: