Tuesday, November 25, 2003

CrazyJohn on praising some real talent-
Well… I seem to be snowed in to Big Rapids. I heard there was a forty car pile-up in Grand Rapids, and a few people died as a result of accidents in a couple counties up near Big Rapids. >sigh< So, I thought I would let you all know the reason why I wanted to go to Albion so badly as to brave the conditions.
Before I graduated from Albion, I had the pleasure of working with a young director with a ton of talent. And I don’t even think her age is a detriment to her directing… I actually think it’s a compliment, that she can be this good, this young. I think there are few directors who know a play as completely as she does… she always seemed prepared, but was always willing to work on something else if the actor needed/wanted to. She always listened to the actor's feedback, always pushed the actors to be the best they could be, and did what was best for the production... She is one of the best directors I have ever worked with, and one of the few people for whom I would drop everything to work with. I can honestly say that she can have my services as an actor whenever she wants them, for as long as she wants them. I am speaking, of course, about Miss Amy Lewis, who is directing the Workshop Theatre production, "No Exit," this December 4-6. If you are in the Albion area the first weekend of December, go see what will be a fantastic show.
Here's a link to get more information about the show. And break a leg to all the actors, and the wonderful director :)

No comments: