Wednesday, November 26, 2003

What I did on my Thanksgiving Vacation: By CrazyJohn
Today I went to Grand Rapids with my mom and sister and shopped pretty much all day. I really needed clothes for work, so that was the "main purpose" of the trip, I guess you could say. But I had forgotten how much fun shopping for stuff with my sister can be! She's really a blast... and I value her opinions... and she makes it fun for me (because me buying clothing is not fun for anybody... "I could have SWORN I was this size before... why is it so much smaller now?" >whimper<).
And, when we returned, we ate dinner and watched a couple episodes of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy... as a family! Even my dad seemed to be laughing a lot at the quirky humor of the show. It was great!
Ya wanna know what wasn't great??? All the things in the mall that reminded me of previous girlfriends. It was like a sadistic, shopping "this is your life"... and it just made me all sad. Oh well... a girl's gotta shop for knee-high boots, sweaters with the little ball thingys, perfumes, hand creams, and sweaters (did I already mention that? sorry)... and it's not their fault they own things! People own things... it's what they do... it's just weird to see other people wearing things or smelling like other people that you used to be so close to. I don't know... maybe I'm just being overly-sensitive because I'm that kind of guy even though I pretend not to be. But, today was as hard as it was fun... and it was a lot of fun. I have a wonderful sister who I wouldn't trade for the world (but I might sell her) (just kidding) (well... give me an offer >wink<).

No comments: