Tuesday, November 18, 2003

CrazyJohn on... employment (finally)-
That's right.... I actually got the job I was blabbing about yesterday, and I didn't even have to sleep with the dude's daughter (not that I wouldn't, but I didn't have to). Yeppers... Mr. Jim Johnson called me this morning (waking me up again) to tell me that I had the job and asking if Thursday would be an acceptable day for me to start. Um... yeah! I'm not doing anything, am I? NO! I'm not.
And not even the constant rain of three or four days can dampen my mood! Hooray for employment!!!
Now... here's the best part. I have intentionally not mentioned the establishment of my new employment because I wanted it to be a big surprise to Miss Courtney McKay Hancock... who will be so jealous that she will (hopefully) die. My new place of employment is: Coldstone!!! Hooray for me being better than Courtney! I'll get to be surrounded by ice cream all the time... and will (if it's possible) be even fatter when you next see me. Mmhmm! But, Court, I promise to make you the best Coldstone in the history of the world if you ever come to Chicago... I'll come up with something that's a Court Special! I may even have a clever name for it by then (I'm thinking "James Blonde" might be a good name for something with, say, the Sweet Cream Ice Cream with white chocolate chips and some kind of chopped nut... but I'll have to learn if that's already called something first). And I'll be sure to get the proportions WAY wrong if you ask for a mix of two flavors! Hell... I'll just give you way too much ice cream anyway... it doesn't matter, we give away free samples all the time! I was in the store when some kids came in for samples and water... it was weird... and kind of sad, but whatever floats your boat in this city is, well, buoyant.
I'm still trying to figure out how to celebrate my newfound employment... and am taking suggestions. I'd like to buy something that I don't have the money to buy... but I don't know if I can justify doing that just yet... maybe that's a "first paycheck" kind of thing. If you have any ideas as to how I should celebrate my employment (hooray!) let me know... if not, I'm just going to go back to shooting people in non-vital organs (cuz I'm a good guy, remember?).

No comments: