Monday, November 24, 2003

I wrote this (for the most part) yesterday... and here it is.

CrazyJohn on going home again-
There is no way for me to articulate how good it feels to be able to go home again. While in Chicago, I came to the realization that my entire life (now) is contained within a square mile… groceries, work, and class all within one mile of my apartment. And, driving back home yesterday… I realized how good it felt to be covering more ground than a mile. I realized on the drive how closterphobic I really felt in the city. I find it weird to say that going back home has made me feel freer than living on my own… but that’s really how I feel. I have more freedom with my car and living in my parent’s house than I do living on my own in a city where you can’t drive or park anywhere. That makes sense, doesn’t it? Screw you… it totally makes sense.
The downside of being home… my parents are on a weird South Beach “meat good, bread bad” Atkins-like diet. So, even though I’ve only been here for a day, I’m looking to run to a gas station or Meijer’s or something and get myself some muthaf—kin brownies. And I find it weird to be here talking about watching bread intake, when people have been eating bread ever since there were people around to make bread. I mean… it’s bread! BREAD!!! How can it be bad for you when people have been eating it for centuries? It’s f—king weird… Diets are weird. I say, if you want to lose weight, start exercising. It works… so poop on dieting.
Also… the big TV in our “TV room” has been having problems with the cable… it’s hard to explain, but it’s like it’s shorting out or something (I don’t know how to explain it). But my dad’s just like “yeah… it does that sometimes” but he doesn’t want to do anything about it… what is that? That drives me nuts.
Speaking of driving me nuts… I had forgotten how stupid the cable internet is here. As I sit here… it’s saying to me “hey… I really don’t feel like working. What’re you going to do about it?” and I’m saying “I can’t do anything because I’m in Bumblefuck Rapids.”

No comments: