Thursday, November 27, 2003

You want crazy... I'll give you crazy
Did anyone see the Packers/Lions game? Of course you did... everyone in the fucking country saw that game. First of all... let me preface this by saying that I'm very happy for my friend Nate... who is a die-hard Lions fan and who roots for them every week... normally being disappointed or near suicidal by the end of Sunday.
Having said that... the Detroit Lions fans (on average... and in general) are the WORST Fans in professional sports. They don't give two shits about their team every week of the year... but, come Thanksgiving time, yeah... everybody's a fucking Lions fan. Did you see how packed Ford Field was? Was it to see the Lions? Not really... it was because it's Thanksgiving... and it's a fucking tradition to watch the Lions on Thanksgiving. Oh, well... since it's tradition... that doesn't make you a fair-weather bitch.
And did you see all the Lions "fans" leaving the stadium with almost a minute left in the game? That's not a fan... that's someone who doesn't want to be inconvenienced by the post-game traffic.
So... to those Lions "fans" who don't root for the Lions more than one day of the year... FUCK YOU!
Congratulations to the Lions players... who actually TRIED for once... imagine what would happen if you tried every week, huh? Wow... good for you.
By the way... for those of you people (because I know you're out there) who CAN'T BELIEVE the terrible Lions won this game, let me educate you (because you're ignorant). Detroit is now 11-5-1 on Thanksgiving against the Packers... Detroit also has a winning record overall on Thanksgiving versus all teams. The current "crappy" Lions only really try one week a year... Thanksgiving. The game is a home game... it's the only game the Lions will be on national television all year so it's their only chance to shine on a national stage... and ANYONE who knows football, knows that these things MEAN something.
I've been watching Packers/Lions games for about 14 or fifteen years now... and if there's one thing I KNOW is that the stupid Lions will find some way to win THIS GAME... Thanksgiving, at home, versus my Packers.
That's all I've got to say about this. I probably won't post anything else until I'm back in Chicago tomorrow >frown<... and it'll probably be after work, and I work until close tomorrow night >cries<.

Hope you're all having a better Thanksgiving than I am... as that is, now, not a very difficult thing. Christ... nothing in my fucking life is going right...

No comments: