Thursday, November 27, 2003

A VERY CRAZY THANKSGIVING
Hey kiddies... it's Thanksgiving and that means it's a time for family, a time for food, and a time for reflection on what makes our lives so great. I originally had a list of the top five things for which I am thankful (yeah grammar!)... but that is really not in the spirit of "thanking"... so I'm just going to list things.
I'm thankful for my car... and I didn't really notice HOW thankful I am for my car, until I left Chicago. My car gives me freedom... to just pack up and leave if I need to, or to go wherever I want. I love my car... and I try to take care of it as best I can... and it takes care of me, because I feel safe and comfortable when I'm driving. I give thanks for my car... hooray!
I'm thankful for my friends... even though I never feel like I'm talking to them as often as I'd like, I love my friends. My friends keep me sane, give me support, and help me push myself to do fun and exciting things :) I give thanks for all of my friends... I love them all.
I'm thankful for my mom... even though there is no one on this planet who could drive me as nuts as my mother, she always has my best interests in mind. She's willing to listen, or to give advice (more often to give advice)... and she does the dirty work that needs to be done (laundry, cooking, cleaning) for so many years and I am so grateful for all her hard work. She is a wonderful person and I love her... I give thanks for my mother... hooray!
I'm thankful for my sister... she is fun, thoughtful, and always just wants me to be happy. Through her life, and her efforts, she's made me one of the most sensitive men that I know... she's always making me think about other people's feelings and making me understand where other people may be coming from. She's been invaulable to my development growing up... and she and I will continue to be close until we die. I give thanks to my sister... whom I love with all my heart... mmwah to you, Karen!
I'm thankful for my dad... who has taught me how to be a man, how to be a loving father, how to stand up for what is right, how to always work hard in what you do, how to push myself to be better, how to laugh, and how to believe in myself. He is my hero... and I am so thankful for him. I give thanks to my father.

I think that's as cheesy as I'm going to get for a whole long time... I may rant about the Packers/Lions game... if it keeps going the way it has been going (AHH!!!!). Have turkey!

No comments: