Wednesday, March 17, 2004

"Because I'm Irish" and other stupid reasons
Yes... St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow (or today if I post this later)... and, yes, I think it's a great holiday because I'm Irish... but I'm sick of people bastardizing this holiday. I mean... if you need an excuse to get drunk, how about trying "today is Wednesday" or something else equally lame. It's nice to celebrate Irish traditions and history (and Susan's Birthday! Yay!)... and, yes, beer is part of Irish history and tradition... but, come on... who believes that everyone is really celebrating Ireland on St. Patrick's Day? No no... this is just another stupid excuse for people to get drunk, honestly. And I think this one hurts, personally, the most... as it would be like people just using an American holiday, like July 4th, to get drunk. Wait... >scratches chin<

And we move on. Basically, I had someone ask me for St. Patty's day off with the reason stated as, I quote: "Because I'm Irish." Well... shit... look at my face! Look at my HUGE head! I guess I get the day off too! NO! F--king work! Shut your mouth and go to work, you stupid whore!

And we move on. I had a good Improv class tonight. My instructor is good... she's good... and class went well. Tim and I did a scene were I wanted him to buy me a diamond necklace... and I surprisingly got him to do it for me REALLY quickly. We clicked... it was good.
I have to wake up early tomorrow (read: today) to go learn how to make f--king ice cream cakes. G'night... and Happy St. Patrick's Day :) (don't just get drunk, you stupid consumer whores).

No comments: