Thursday, March 11, 2004

"You're gonna mess it up!", "YOU're gonna mess it up!", "But it's my CD >CRASH/CRACKLE<"
Tuesday morning when I was making Ice cream all day (too bad you weren't here, Ken... I would've given you some ice cream. I could've given you ice cream right out of the machine... it tastes different, it's all smooth and not so frozen.)... anyway, yeah, Tuesday when I was making ice cream, I was playing the Euphonics CD in the store. It was before the store was open... and I could listen to whatever I want... really really loudly. Isn't that neat? It's like being free to do whatever you want... like being in America. Um... right. So back to my story, I was playing the Euphonics CD in the store and Andrea came in to do some work. I left the CD on until it finished, and then I turned on the radio... I didn't really want to bother Andrea, and I didn't know if she was cool with the CD. And, about two minutes after I turned the radio on, Andrea came into the back and said "Is this your CD?" and I was all "no" and she was all "Oh... would you mind putting it back on? I was waiting for 'Let it be'." I was taken aback... I mean... she really liked it. And when Seth came in, she showed him the back of the CD and Seth was all "John, you're on this?" and I said "Yeah... I'm doing the >ticka ticka tiss< right now." Cool, huh? Maybe I'll even be able to play the CD while the store is open sometimes, as it's no more or less offensive than anything else we play in the store.

So... today I went into the store early to >sigh< do inventory. My job is fantastically fun. And I trained Charise on making ice cream, and I helped put away our Sysco (inventory) order... and all that loot took until about 4:30. When I got back to my place, I was ready for a night of nothing... I'm tired (still). And, at nine I got a call from Coldstone (Greg, actually... the store didn't call me, it doesn't know my number). They only had two people working and, apparently, a line out the door... and they needed someone to just come in and restock things... so would I make some calls? Um... sure... keep in mind, it's 9 PM and the store closes at 10... so the people I call need to be able to get there in less than 15 minutes to be any help for the rest of the night. That means Moody students, me, or Andrea. Moody's TWO WEEK spring break starts Friday, so a lot of the students are already gone... so I called Jonathan (who's still around)... and his line was busy. Then I called Andrea and told her what was up... but she really wasn't "in a place where she could do anything about it". So I had to get out of my pjs (yeah... it was only nine, but I was already pretty much ready for bed) and into my Coldstone stuff... and then walked to work to help out. Stupid job.
Then... after I had helped for a little over an hour, I left and it was raining out. But not a cool rain... a crappy just-barely-raining-enough-to-get-into-your-eye kind of rain.

And that's really all I've got for now. I'm tired, still... and I'm looking to see my sis in KZoo next week, hopefully Thursday/Friday. We'll see. I never seem to see Andrea long enough to ask her for time off (or I feel weird asking for time off... or something).
But I've got friends coming this weekend... so I'm good. I even stole them an ice cream cake (which I can't eat... but they can!) for when they come. I'm thoughtful! HOORAY!
Speaking of thoughts... a certain special young lady is in my thoughts. Hope you don't have a reason to worry (like I keep telling you that you don't), and I look forward to you having to say that I was right (again) and that everything was ok. >smile< Take care.

No comments: