Saturday, March 06, 2004

From the "God loves irony" category...
Today I got my largest single paycheck since I started working at Coldstone. After my 64.75 hours as "manager" I received a whopping $450. I should be dancing in the streets tonight, right? FINALLY get "paid" for all my hardwork and all the crap I went through as manager. Well... funny how life works sometimes, isn't it? As I went into the store, after having driven to get office supplies (one of my many 'important' tasks), I left my car out front with the flashers on in a "loading/tow" zone. I couldn't have been in the store more than six minutes when I see someone checking out my license plate. "No... no, no, no, no, no" was all I said as I went outside to investigate.
"Sorry, I already got ya" was all the cop said to me. I literally dropped to my knees in the street... I couldn't believe it... I was unloading three wall-hanging shelf units, pens, and tape, putting the rest of the money back in the registers, and putting tape in the tape dispenser when I saw the cop... that's really all I did. And he "got" me. Here's the kicker... the "loading/tow" zone is in front of a fire hydrant... so I received a $100 fine for "parking" within 15 feet of the hydrant. I put parking in quotes because I was doing little more than unloading. What a kick in the nuts! I mean... I fully understand the monetary severity of the fire hydrant ticket: If there's a fire, we can't have the hydrant blocked by a car. BUT, I was able to go outside and see that he was giving me a ticket... I could have very well moved the car if there was something like, say, a fire... complete with fire engines, screaming people, and lots of smoke and fire. This would have caught my attention, as did someone who was simply looking at my plates. I don't understand why he couldn't have just asked me to move.... given me a warning. Or at least listened to what I had to say when I came out of the store... he didn't even give me a chance to explain. What a fucking asshole... seriously.
I told Andrea about it, and she told me not to pay the ticket... that something could be worked out, as the 'normal' police officers who patrol our area know us (they come into the store) and have told us that unloading in that area isn't a problem. The dude who gave me a ticket has never been in the store... I've never seen him before.

Whatever.

Jim came over and we hung out most of the evening. I also received a call from Emily (the high school chick with whom I work)... she has this situation with her hours and, long story short, was screwed out of 10 hours of work somehow. I've been doing my best to get it taken care of... and it finally was today, but she wanted to call to find out what had been resolved. I thought that was it... but she >giggle< asked me to come to a party tonight (at 10). I told her that I was entertaining (Jim, which I was)... but that it was nice of her to offer. I could just see me, going to a high school party... being "that guy". >sighs... shakes head< She's got a big crush on me... and I'm flattered, really, but I don't understand. I talked about it earlier, but I was completely indifferent to her and that's when she started liking me... and that's when I realized how stupid women really are. Sorry ladies... perhaps many of you have grown out of it... but I'll never understand that phase of your life (that you all seem to go through) where you're attracted to men who treat you like shit. Idiots!
And I bet you just found that attractive. I know... I've still got it. :)

No comments: