Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Way to spend almost $300 on myself
Yeah... so I bought myself a Gamecube today. Yep, even got three games: Metroid, Mario Kart, and Star Wars Rogue Squadron. I went ALL out. I said to myself "here's a present for not killing anyone last week" and that's what I did. So there.
I started the day getting my hair cut and >gasp< shaving most of my sideburns off. Yeah... I know! I was looking at the pictures I have on my wall... and every one of them has me with huge ass sideburns. So it was time to make a change, I figured. So I went to that Supercuts place... and, again, I got the Prussian woman I like to call Eva. And she didn't talk the whole time she cut it... but this time I was ready for it. It's kind of weird to have someone cut your hair who is just silent and focused. I use the word "focused" because the word "rushed" doesn't sound safe.
Anyway... so the new hair and I went to Piper's Alley tonight to meet with a few people from my Improv class. Dave, Adam, Adam, Keith, and I met at 5 and we started talking about getting together regularly to not only do improv, but to write scenes to be performed on The Second City's third stage (Donny's Skybox Theatre), and to film scripted and improved scenes, AND to have a website devoted just to our group's stuff. Pretty ambitious, huh? Well... we didn't set a time-table, so it's not like we've got to do everything tomorrow (because that would be a busy busy day). But it was good that we started talking about stuff. We actually waited until 7 for Amy to show up... and one of the Adam's had already left... so it was again just five of us. I don't know if the Adam that left is really going to be into it... he seems to be resisting the "ensomble" mentality. We'll see.
That was pretty much all I had to say about today. I'm already pretty good at Mario Kart: Double Dash. I know a few people who can attest to how DAMN good I am at the n64 version (even if I can't throw snowball, I can still TOTALLY kick your ass in Mario Kart). So... anyone who isn't too weak to challenge me... bring it :) And by bring it, I mean drive your white ass from Michigan over here so I can resoundedly kick it all the way back from whence it came.
THE END
PS I love the way Irish people talk. Ok... Irish women. Ok... red-headed Irish women.

No comments: