Monday, March 01, 2004

So... that could have gone worse
Elizabeth >blush< and I had dinner tonight, and it was pretty good. I mean... there was definately an awkward sense of "is this a date... what is this?", at least on my part... she had a long sleeve t-shirt and fleece vest on. Is that date clothing? Or is that going out to get pizza with someone who you're friends with? Who knows? Anyway... we talked and the conversation was fluid and engaging. It probably didn't help that the waitress was "hitting" on me the whole time. It's okay... as she was a forty-something black woman... and we all know that I'm only interested in women born in 1984. Right... so... she REALLY likes the Packers, and she's interested in other sports, and she's got two brothers: Zack and Zeke (REALLY went far to name the boys). We... um... had a nice conversation... and even if she's not 'interested' in me, we'll still probably hang out cuz she's way cool. And, when she talks, she reminds me of my dad... because she talks all from WisCANsin (thanks for reminding me, Court).
Right... so I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words of encouragement. AND I need to ask how long I'm supposed to wait before I call her again. I mean... I'm going to be busy the next couple of days, but if I don't call soon... she's going to have to work this weekend and then I'll just be... um... not calling her, I guess is what I'm looking for. She's way cute... and she sees the big city as a series of opportunities... whereas I see it as scary and something that I don't like. That kind of perspective is something that I'm missing... that I've been missing since the last time someone like that was in my life. I really like people who are that positive about things... they seem to balance me out.
And that's all I have to say about that.

And now I'm watching Yu-Gi-Oh! What a craptacular show this is!!!

No comments: