Monday, March 15, 2004

NCAA Tournament... what does the Crazy One think?
New names? I wonder where they're playing? (That's sarcasm): Yeah... Wow... Um... I'm excited about the East Rutherford region. That sounds so lame. >sigh< At least the Phoenix region sounds cool?
Kentucky as the number one #1: Kentucky (apparently) really came on at the end of the season... as they are the highest rated team in the tourney. I find this odd, as I've got Georgia Tech or Gonzaga giving them a rough time in that St. Louis region. I'm not even sure Kentucky is going to get out of their own region, but I guess they're the best team in the country? >shrug<
Wisconsin... underrated!: Wisconsin just won the Big Ten tourney BIG TIME over Illinois, and Illinois is a 5 seed and Wisconsin a 6. What's up with that? Well... Wisconsin had the selection committee make it up to them in that Wisconsin's playing the first two games in Milwaukee. Speaking of which...
'Home' games: Like I mentioned, Wisconsin basically has a couple home games in that "East Rutherford" region. Also lookout for Cincinnati in Columbus, Duke in Raleigh, Air Force and BYU in Denver, and watch out (really) for Kansas who is playing in Kansas City and then would go to St. Louis if they keep winning. Yes... I understand that both those cities are in Missouri, but they're basically the same state (take THAT Kansas!).
Western Michigan... congrats to Nate!: Western's in the big dance as MAC Champs. And, surprisingly enough, I have them beating Vanderbilt. I don't think Vanderbilt is all that good... and I think Western will be more focused in this game than they've ever been before. And, besides, I'm going to be rooting for Western... so they've got a shot.
Watch out for #6s: Like I mentioned before, Wisconsin is a #6 and they've just come off of creaming Illinois in the Big Ten Tourney AND they're basically playing two home games. Watch out for them to make some noise in the dance. ALSO watch out for UNC, the #6 seed in Atlanta. North Carolina may very well be playing against Duke for the chance to be in the Final Four.
Watch out for #3s: I honestly think the best team in the East Rutherford region is Pitt, the #3 seed. And they might not even beat Wisconsin (in Wisconsin), which would be kind of a shame... because they might be the best team in the country. Also watch out for Georgia Tech, the #3 in the St. Louis region. I think they have a chance of getting out of St. Louis and to the Final Four.
Big Snubs... Michigan and Notre Dame: Yeah... only three teams made it into the tourney from the Big Ten, this year. If there were four teams, Michigan would be the fourth. If they had beaten Illinois in the Big Ten tourney... they probably could've made it into the dance (maybe). And Notre Dame had a really good season this year (for Notre Dame). They beat UConn, Syracuse, and played Pitt and Kentucky well... and all those teams are in the tournament.
My Final Four: Kentucky, Pitt (if they get past Wisconsin), Duke, and UConn (with Okafor healthy... not without him).

No comments: