Wednesday, January 28, 2004

And the alarm goes off...
I forgot to mention something about last night's improv class. We played this game where, as a group of two you talk as one. Yeah... what? Basically, you and someone else face each other and try to formulate words together. This CAN be easier than it sounds, as Tim and I were REALLY good at it. The instructor asked us were we went on our last vacation and what we did... and we came back with "On our last vacation we went to... Mexico. And while we were there, we went WATERSKIING! NO WAY!" And we kept saying... "No... YES!" And it was just really cool... we 'linked' which is odd because Tim seems to be the least paying attention of everyone in class. But he was honestly the best one in class at this game.
So let's go to how my day today started. I showed up to the store @ 11 AM for a meeting with Andrea and Chris, one of the two area developers. So I showed up at 11... and opened the door... to hear the ALARM. Now, there's a cleaning crew that comes in in the morning and they always turn off the alarm, so when our ColdStone employees come in they don't have to worry about the alarm. But the cleaning crew didn't come in. So the alarm went off... and I called Andrea to get the code... but she didn't answer. So I punched in the code that I knew, the code we put in when we leave. Then I just chilled... for AN HOUR! No one showed up... Andrea wasn't answering her phone... so I just chilled out in the store. I actually got a phone call from a wonderful young lady while I was in the store, and, >grasps bosom< how can you not just LOVE her??? I DO! I don't see how anyone couldn't. Heehee... great surprise call.
So I finally got a hold of Andrea who felt REALLY bad as the meeting had been cancelled late last night and she had had such a terrible day that she just went right to bed. So, yeah, see how important I am? >sigh< Oh well... I helped Hannah open the store and then went back to my apartment to nap.
Unfortunately, I was unable to nap. But, this was kinda cool... as I lay down (lied down? lie down?) in bed I went into a relaxing, almost meditative state. My muscles relaxed, and my brain kind of relaxed (as much as a philosopher's brain can)... and I was like that for almost an hour this afternoon. peaceful... tranquil... nice.
Then I went BACK to the store to have the actual meeting... which consisted of the area developer (Chris) teaching us a few things on the Managerial software that ColdStone uses. It's a pretty crap piece of software, if you ask me... it doesn't do enough of what it needs to do... but it's what we got!
So, yeah, I felt really out of place with Andrea, Chris, and Seth there... because they're all "I know things about stuff" and I'm all "I just graduated from a liberal arts school. >pushes up glasses< More coffee, anyone?" So that sucked... right.
After work... I went and got my haircut. It looks good... I think. And that's pretty much my day. I might post something else later, but for right now... have a crazy night!

No comments: