Sunday, January 04, 2004

A Surprise (kind of) visit, the mystery ice cream, and Oh the tips!
Yeah... so kind of out of no where (even though he called yesterday to say he might be around) Nate showed up here in Chicago. He had Allison with him, and Marcel (I think that's how you spell it) a guy from Germany who they knew and who they were picking up at O'Hare. And they didn't stay long, but Nate and I were able to catch up a bit... and it was nice to see Allison too because she is wonderful and I can tell that she's wonderful for my friend and I'm way happy for him. And, yeah, it was just really nice to see him... and it put me in a really good mood.
Then I went to work and Andrea (who plays my manager in this film) had made some kind of half sweet cream/half french vanilla ice cream (which we can't serve to customers)... so I got an entire quart of it, just for me!!! How great is that? Free ice cream is great!!! And it didn't even count against my allotted amount for the day.
Right... so we were busy, again, to the surprise of no one. We were SO busy in fact, that Andrea doubled the tips that Charise and I made tonight. Doubled the tips... so what did I walk home with tonight? $40!!! FORTY DOLLARS IN TIPS! FOR SERVING ICE CREAM! IN A SNOWY CHICAGO!!! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???!!
Weird... so I'm tired, again, still... and maybe I'll have something to say tomorrow. BIG Packers playoff game tomorrow... WATCH THE GAME! ROOT FOR MY TEAM!!! And I'm done... have a crazy night :)

No comments: