Wednesday, January 07, 2004

First night of Beginning Improv Level B... and Oh the Guinness!
So, yeah, tonight was the first night of my level B class. All your favorite regulars were there: Adam, Adam, Dave, Amy, me... and there were also five new people: Bill, Kent, Keith, Sarah, and Tevie. Our instructor is new, her name is Jen and she laughs at everything, even if it's not funny. That's pretty irritating... I don't care if no one laughs at what I'm doing... I would prefer my instructor not to laugh, because it means that if I ever do get him/her to laugh, I did something extra special. Whatever... Bill is from MI (Birmingham, in fact) and went to U of M like 14 years ago (as he is 38). Kent seems to be someone who's just trying too hard, but he IS a commercial realtor, so what do you expect? (He'll be ok). Keith is awesome, he seems to really be a team guy and he's pretty funny. Sarah is pretty cute... and she's from Wisconsin... and that's as far as I needed to get >blush<. And then there's Tevie (or however you spell her name). She's from Florida... wait, she has a "cabin" in Kentucky... wait, she went to boarding school in Indiana... wait, she's rich and likes to hear her own voice. Oh yes... she falls into the "John doesn't even pretend to care what you're saying" category. That's great... I can't wait to hear her talk more... about her... and about herself. Yeah we went to the pub across the street after class (Adam, Dave, Bill, Kent, Tevie, and I) and I was lucky enough to sit next to Tevie. And she was nice enough to smoke into my face... isn't that nice? I love meeting new people. God... even MY hands smell like smoke.
Anyway... we played a couple new games, including "sound garden" and "string of pearls" (gross... yeah I almost laughed when she said the name). But sound garden was awesome because we had to make sounds, and then people would join in and make more sounds and it ended up sounding almost like a song. It was pretty awesome... I did my vocal perc and everyone seemed to get into it. Ooo! And we also did this thing where we would freeze as a picture, and then give each character in the picture their own monologue. That was kind of cool. We seemed to be doing a lot more interesting exercises in this class. Like I felt pretty creative and pretty pumped after class... so that's cool. And I think I'm going to get a lot of the guys to go with me to see the improv set on the mainstage after class next week. It should be pretty cool... and maybe something I'll be able to do every week. That'd be neat!
Anyway... I'm going to maybe have some food and then work on finishing up "the list". Have a nice night :)

No comments: