Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Odds and Ends and look who's getting his ass kissed now
So today started with yet another call as to inquire about who had Rhea's car towed and why. That's $125 that I'm not going to be responsible for.... for which I will not be responsible. Right. Basically mah girl Jessica handed it over to her supervisor because it's going to mean a fairly hefty rebate of some kind to me.
Then I headed into work to have Andrea give me a list of XI (that's eleven [that's 11]) things to do!!! It was ridiculous! The first thing I did was call our electric company because, apparently, we had a $4,000 electric bill last month! This does not make sense, as our monthly bills are normally $1,100 (which is still a lot). So I called the company and talked to a very very rude women who, upon my asking for the third time why we had a $3,000 "deposit" on our bill, thought that by saying it louder I would finally understand. Yes... she actually just said the same bullshit she had been saying (which even I didn't understand... and I'm f--king brilliant) LOUDER... thinking that would work. And I was all "OH..." playing along because I didn't want her to yell when I said "That still doesn't make sense, lady. I don't give a shit that it's four times our monthly bill... I want to know WHY WE HAVE TO PAY IT." That was not the funest start to my workday.
Then I went about the other stuff, which included, but was not limited to: cleaning the basement "stockroom," buying folders, making copies, and sitting and eating ice cream. Ok... so I added the last part, but it was after I did everything else. I said to Hannah and Matt (the two people working) "If one of you would like to make me a small chocolate with brownie and white chocolate chips, I would love it!" So, Matt proceeded to make the most delicately made small ice cream in the history of ColdStone. He completely smoothed out the ice cream on the stone... making sure there were no lumps (I guess... I have no idea what he was doing), then he put the brownie in, followed by almost an entire bowl of white chocolate chips... he just pored those little bastards on. Then he mixed it up... got some more white chocolate chips and put them in a waffle bowl... and put my ice cream on top. I was thinking "Huh?" but I was like... "thanks Matt... I'll be downstairs reading this" [holding up 'ColdStone operations manual'] "if you guys need anything." So I went downstairs and started eating (oh it was SO GOOD) and Matt came down with a large cup of water and said "you'll probably want this after all that" and handed me the water. I thanked him and he went back upstairs... and I just thought "He is kissing my ass... as if I'm someone important!" And, let me tell you, if you haven't had someone kiss your ass in a while... I thoroughly recommend it. Made me feel good... even though I have no way of giving him more money or even "playing favorites."
Which reminds me... here's a tip: If you're going to spend your time kissing someone's ass... make sure that someone can actually do something for you in return.
So I went back to my apartment after I had finished, and I made myself a great meal. I had grilled barbecue chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn. Mmm... hearty. It reminded me of something my mom would make.
Which reminds me... I called my parents last night... but I was only able to talk with my dad for about six minutes. I haven't talked with them... well... since after the Packer playoff WIN, which was three weeks ago. We've all been too busy... and I miss them. I miss everyone... there's no one here.
And I've stopped that before I get sad again (currently still avoiding my emotions... hooray for maturity!).
In other news... the Ken who I speak about all the time finally has a blog of his very own. Check it out, if you'd like... he needs some readers. Will it be as entertaining as mine? We all know that question is laughable... so, simply, no... it will not be as entertaining as this here blog... but I'm sure he'll try :)

You can't believe you actually clicked on the last link, can you? No... no you can't. You've been tricked by the master. Heehee... that's me, silly billy!
Alright... I'm going to get some sleep now... I have a "meeting" tomorrow morning with Andrea at quarter after 10 at Starbucks, and then I have to be at the store to let the Refridgerator Services guy in. Yeah... I'm having a GREAT time [sarcasm not included... void where prohibited].

No comments: