Sunday, January 11, 2004

Assistant Manager?... no, Assistant to the Manager?... no... you want me to do what?
So Andrea, the manager, pulled me aside at work today. She started talking about how she wanted to create a new position... she's swamped and needs help, and she was thinking about how she could use an assistant. Now, she had pulled aside Cherise and Abby earlier... so I didn't think she was offering me anything, I thought she was giving me the schpeal that she had given them. But, no, she was offering me the position. So here's a little more about it... she said that it would be $8.50/hour, and it would only be one or two "shifts" per week (working at the store serving customers)... and most of the time would be spent doing things like taking care of inventory, making ice cream, some handling computer stuff... but it would basically be what Andrea does, covering shifts if she needs to, helping out where/when she needs to, and so on. She also mentioned advertising and even preparing to open more stores (as she and her father are planning on opening 10 more stores [which is crazy]). So I'm kind of pumped about this... as I said yes. So when I go in tomorrow for work, I'll be making $8.50/hour... plus Wednesday, when I go in to work, Andrea will be showing me EVERYTHING (as I will need to know everything to do all the things I need), and that will be interesting.
>shrug< I dunno... but it'll be more money and less "in store" "helping customers" time... I don't know... it put me in a good mood all night at work...
until... my medicine wore off. That's right... and I think I feel worse than I thought I did (what???). I'm really tired... and I started sneezing while we were closing... and it's not good. I drank almost 2 whole quarts of Orange juice today (one of those cartons), and I've got one more carton which I'll probably try to drink tomorrow. But, for right now, I'm going to go back to watching a bit of the Carolina/St. Louis game I taped (I could watch football all day every day).
Anyway... a big shout out to all my Albion bitches who are back at school today. Sucks to be you, having all that fun and being sheltered from the "real world." BTW, don't let any of us old people give you the "real world" bullshit... yeah it gets hard-"er", but college is hard in its own ways.
Have a good semester kiddies... and feel free to call your ol' friend CrazyJohn if you ever need advice or just someone to listen :)

No comments: