Wednesday, January 21, 2004

My day off; and friends: The mirror for which I had been searching?
I guess today technically started last night when I received a phone call out of the blue from an old friend of mine. He and I talked for two hours last night until we were both like "Well... it's three in the morning... maybe we should go." But it was a good conversation thanks, in part, to his reading of this here blog (Hi Jason!)... it just meant that we could skip over the "what's going on with you" portion of the conversation... which I always find tedious when I have to explain what I've been up to. I either include too little, so there's nothing to talk about... or I include too much and the other person is left saying "Yeah... that's great. I gotta get going." This was just thoughts and feelings and give and take and it was just a great conversation.
So I went to sleep... got up in a little less back pain than yesterday (yeah... it's still there)... and ate some breakfast, doin' my normal morning thing. My normal thing includes watching FUSE which is a music video channel... and today I saw "My Immortal" by Evanescene. I guess "saw" is the wrong word, because when it got to the first chorus I started crying and had to change the channel. I'm not going to get into why it made me cry... let's just say it has to do with who that song makes me think about and with what the song says about the situation. So, instead of confronting my emotions in a grown-up way and, perhaps even dealing with them, I ran away from them by changing the channel. This is the extent of my maturity.
Speaking of maturity... I changed the channel to HBO and watched the entire Mighty Ducks movie. This cheered me up, as it's a movie where all the right and good things happen to the right and good people. It's a crappy Disney movie... but I guess it's something I needed. It got me thinking about all sorts of neat movie quotes... which is why I complied the short list of them below. The first two still had the reason why I changed the channel in mind... and the second two were just because they are from movies that make me happy.
After watching The Mighty Ducks movie... I took a nap. And not just a normal nap... I took a "fuck the world, I'm outta here" kind of nap... from one to three in the afternoon. It was great!
Then I watched mahshows... got some work done for work (I'm working 'out of the office' now)... and went to a supremely disappointing Improv class. After last week, this week couldn't help but be disappointing... and it was. >Sigh< Tevie was back, and as f--king irritating as ever. We do this completely stupid game with gibberish (basically you just make up a language and go for it... it's really stupid) and her language consisted of "blah blah blah blah" OR to be REALLY different "bee bee bee bee." She ticks me off.
After class, I went to the Improv set at the mainstage again. That was fun... they're way good. And after that, I went to the Pub with Dave from class. We got to the pub at 11... and we talked until almost one. And by we talked... I mean he talked. Heehee... but it was good... it was like being able to talk with Ken, only not about sexual experiences he's had (come on Ken... WAY too much information!). It was good... and I feel sort of calm, kind of relaxed... ready to crack skulls to get my $125 for the towing and ready to be Andrea's bitch some more (I SWEAR she hired me because she finds it fun to poke fun at me).

Hot Tamales is a super fucking addicting candy. Just so you know.

I may not turn mah futon into the bed tonight... I may just sleep on it as is. Why do you care? I'm not sure. I need sleep. Goodnight all.
BTW the 20th marked my two month anniversary working at Cold Stone. Weird, huh? Seems like it's been longer.

No comments: